Sunday 22 May 2016

FA Cup final flop Karen Harding predicted her Wembley nightmare before missing her cue and most of the national anthem



FA Cup final flop Karen Harding admitted she was "mortified" after missing her cue on Saturday afternoon - but she predicted the shambles.

The singer was given the chance to sing the national anthem to 90,000 Wembley fans and 10 million people at home.

But somehow she missed the start of the song and stared blankly down the BBC cameras that had to quickly cut away from her.

Manchester unitedcaptain Wayne Rooney was singing along and so was Prince William when panicking producers changed shot away from the floundering singer.

But no one should be shocked by her fluffing her lines as she could barely remember the fact the final was going to be beamed around the world.

She said: “I keep forgetting it’s not just the stadium and it’s on live TV. That blows my mind a little bit.”

The Say Something star ran through all of the embarrassing things that could happen to her on the big day and only one appeared to come true – as she missed her cue with the crowd drowning her out – her most feared one.



She said: “Forgetting the words, getting my heel stuck in the grass when I walk over to the podium, my hair going in my mouth when I’m singing.

“The main thing is not being able to hear myself. There’s going to be so many people singing it back.”

She won’t have the sympathy of many football fans after vowing to support both Manchester United and Crystal Palace.

And then revealing she was hoping the match spilled over into every fan’s nightmare; a dreaded penalty shoot-out.

The singer said: “I’m there to support both of them really.

“This is a once in a lifetime chance for me, so I’m just going to make the most of it and enjoy a really good game of football.

“Let’s hope it goes to penalties so I can stay and watch that. That’s the most exciting bit, isn’t it?”

No comments:

Post a Comment