Wednesday 6 July 2016

Margot Robbie: My Truly Awkward Family Screening Of The Wolf Of Wall Street



There are many films which fall into the category of ‘never watch with your parents’.

'The Wolf of Wall Street’ would likely be among them, and particularly, you’d think, for its star Margot Robbie.

Seemingly not.

- 10 lowest-grossing movies of this decade so far
- Affleck is the ‘most murderous’ Batman ever
- Skarsgard reveals insane diet for Tarzan


The Australian actress admits that she 'didn’t think it through’ when she had a screening of the drug-fuelled, sex-fuelled, swear-fuelled, dwarf-throwing-fuelled Martin Scorsese movie with her family on its release.

Speaking to the Sunday Night show, she admitted that the exchange between her and her older brother Lachlan was somewhat stilted after the 'nursery scene’, in which Robbie tortures Leonardo DiCaprio’s character with her abstinence.

“It was a bit odd, we had a screening… I didn’t really think it through and suddenly I was sitting there,” she said.

“And after the screening, It was cool with most family members, but afterwards [my older brother Lachlan] and I had the most awkward conversation ever.

“He tried to say congratulations, and we tried to hug it out, and it was just so weird that I said, 'OK, we don’t have to talk for a couple of days now’.

“And then we never spoke of it again!”

And rightly so…

As has been written about previously, Robbie pitched up for the audition for the role of Naomi in jeans and a t-shirt, and was promptly asked to leave.

“The casting director took one look at me and said, 'Go down the street and buy the tightest dress and highest heels you can find. That is Naomi’,” she told W magazine.

“I came back dressed like that and read for Marty [Scorsese] and Leo. Those heels were killing me, which is what I remembered most.”


Image credits: Universal

No comments:

Post a Comment