Saturday 9 April 2016

Nicki Minaj Puts Meek Mill in His Place



Nicki Minaj shocked fans and (most likely) her boyfriend on Ellen this week, when she told the talk show host, “I don’t even want to say I’m in a relationship anymore.”


Minaj explained, “I used to say I wasn’t in a relationship even though I was in a 12-year relationship and now, I feel like going back to that and saying I’m single… For instance, Valentine’s Day passed and I didn’t put up my Valentine’s Day gift on Instagram. People said, ‘They’re not together.’ We were getting anonymous messages saying, ‘She wasn’t with him. She was crying all day.’ They put up all these things. Meanwhile, we were really in bed all day on Valentine’s Day.”


What did this little social media maneuver illuminate for Minaj? “That made me realize that no matter how great your life is, you can’t impress people,” she continued. “You just have to do you and make yourself happy and forget about trying to get everyone’s approval. It’s better to just keep those things sacred. So now, I don’t really care to say I’m in a relationship or I’m engaged or whatever. There’s a boy that likes me. That’s all.” In one fell swoop, Minaj managed to on-air dump her boyfriend of more than a year, while simultaneously reducing Meek Mill, a man who’s been to prison two times, to a little boy with an adorable crush.

No comments:

Post a Comment